Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mod ?

If I had the choice, I wouldn't raise my voice
I would be normal but extraordinary.
l don't want to say, The things I have to say yeah
I don't wanna say things ordinary.
This may put a smile on my face, time and time again.
Reach into my mouth rip out my tongue, There's my only friend.
Now I cannot talk,
These words are only thoughts
Taken down from my head to paper,
Written down for thee,
Banning also me,
we'll rehearse it and play it later.
This may put a smile on my face, time and time again.
Without words I'm lost for things to say, I want back my best friend.
Barnicles and stripes,
Barnicles and stripes.
These two words are normal but extraordinary,
Together mean nothing like tugboats and hairy.
This may put a smile on my face, time and time again.
Reach into my throat pull out my tongue,
There's my only friend.
Hear me, Hear me,
Barnicles and stripes,
Barnicles and stripes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Barnicles and Stripes, Something with Numbers.

I have a long running obsession with Something with Numbers.
They're coming to town and I'm going with Rachel. I'm excited. Specially coz I missed out on seeing them at the Big Day out. Yep.

I don't usually write a blog two days after I've just posted one but I need to vent. I'll try and keep it short.
EVERYONE READ MY OTHER RECENT BLOG TOO PLEASE.
I PUT EFFORT INTO THAT ONE. IT HAS PRETTY PICTURES.


Ok so venting session -
I seem to have the inate ability to piss almost everyone (friends and family and co-workers included) in my life off lately, for many various reasons.
Worst part is, most of the time I don't even mean to, or worse, don't even know I'm doing it.
I don't mean to annoy everyone. I really don't.
I feel terrible for pissing people off and I don't mean to.
And I feel even more terrible knowing I've pissed people off and have been totally oblivious to it.
I DON'T MEAN TO ANNOY PEOPLE. ALOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO BE GETTING MAD AT ME AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW I'VE ANNOYED THEM.
I'm not a horrible person, really. I'm not.
I'm sorry.
- End of vent session.

And, one other thing which is neither positive nor negative but I wanna write about it anyway. I got called "mod" today with work.
Not punk or emo or scene or indie. Mod.
It all started coz I got my nose pierced on monday, right, and I went to work today and everyone there had never seen me with my new nose piercing, but no one even mentioned it, at all.
Dunno if people just noticed and weren't sure if it was new or just didn't notice but either way no one said anything.
Then, like 3 hours into my shift at work, one of the nurses stops me when I'm mopping and points to my nose and goes "Is that new?"
Me: "Yeah, I got it done monday." (Secretly thinking, "Omg someone actually noticed!")
Her: "Yeah, I saw it and wasn't sure if you'd always had it or not." Now, this co-worker is the one and only person who's been at work the entire time I've been there, as in, everyone else's come and gone and she and I are the only originals left, right, so she's known me for THREE YEARS. And yet, she sees me with a new nose piercing and thinks I've had it the entire time. Lollollol. I guess it just seems like something I would have? Or something that suits me? I don't know.
The person who noticed and said all this then made me stand still while she COUNTED how many peircings I have, was rather alarmed that I now have a grand total of 8, and then was like: "Well, you're very mod then arn't you, with all your peircings!"
I'm like: "Oh.. ok.. thankyou?"
So apparently now I'm labelled as "mod".

The end.
Read my other recent blog.

3 comments:

Rachie-Jean said...

I hate to break it to you lou, but if she's old she just means modern.
My grandma and my mum say mod.
But she might mean the other way.
You don't have the capability to piss peopleoff.
You're like the nicest greatest person ever.
xoxoxo

Jack said...

MOD?!
Vince shows a very good example of mod here. Same goes for those mod wolves as well :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/mightyboosh/images/series1/ep5/ep5_9.jpg

Rachie-Jean said...

oh definately.
I've never been to lutwyche