Monday, September 8, 2008

My adoptive mannequins are taller than me.

So, my mate James works for Esprit. He called me last night, asking if I wanted any mannequins for free, so today I went in with a family friend in his giant 7 seater car and we picked up as many mannequins as we could fit in the car.

They are super fun to play with. And taller and thinner than me.
Lol.

Mum reckons I'll have nightmares but I don't. I think they are rad and it's kinda surreal but cool having mannequins of my own all of a sudden. They're worth about $300 each for the whole ones. I have two whole ones and some extra torsos and spare arms. I probs won't keep all the extra torsos though.
It was super fun leaving the store with them all on a trolley and getting funny looks from people.
And then driving home with a car full of mannequins, good times.

Anywho.

IN OTHER NEWS:- Uhhh Uni is ok. I was dumb last week and left my giant art assignment until two days before it was due. Go me.
My other assignment went ok, my interview. Except my computer won't burn cds, instead just eats them and makes them corrupt, which isn't useful when both of my assignments had parts that had to be handed in on cd. Oh well. Rachel saved the day for my art assignment and burnt my powerpoint presentation on a disc at her house for me. I love Rachel.
- I have two RO gigs I'm going to this week on thursday and saturday. I'm excited. It'll be gooood. Even if I go alone, I don't even care lol. And I'm going out with Ree and Lex and I don't know who else on frday night. Should be good. =]
- I'M GOING TO MELBOURNE WITH LEXY AND OUR MUMS NEXT THURSDAY. THATS 9 DAYS AWAY! I'M SO FREKAING EXCITEDDDD. WICKEDWICKEDWICKEDWICKED!
- Went to an unofficial work party/get together/drinking and bitching session on saturday night. It was fun as, except when Melinda stood up and the big wooden picnic table we were all sitting at flipped up and all the alcohol on the table landed on me. Mmmm vodka punch flavoured jeans.
- I got lots of new music from Lexy. It's great. I love her to bits. =]
- I washed my car today. It was filthy and full of dirt and pine needles and leaves cos it's always parked outside. It's clean and shiny now. Go me.
- I keep running into random people I know at uni and in the city. It's really great.
- Work is annoying me a bit. I like it but I'm so over working EVERY saturday.
- Rachel and I went super-speed fabric shopping yesterday! We got fabric for me, she's going to make me a dress. It's gonna be black and white vertically striped, with purple straps and a bow on the back. =] She's got sewing skillz.
- I got my cons I bought off Ebay from the post office on friday, ILOVETHEMALOT. They're cute and comfy. And only cost $49 plus $11 postage. Still loads cheaper than the shops. They're rad. There's a picture of them in this blog. Above what you're reading now. I'm still on a mission to buy the red and white striped extra high ones though. I will buy some, hopefully in Melbourne next week. (I love being able to say that, "In Melbourne in next week") Haha.

I think that's it for now in terms of news.

This blog's rant topic: FATHERS DAY.
I hate commercial holidays. I really do. I always have. Ever since I was old enough to know Santa wasn't real. These stupid commercial holidays make things worse, not better.
Christmas, easter, valentines day, mothers day and fathers day do nothing but burn a whole in your savings account and make you realise how disfunctional your family really is.
Like, who really needs commercial holidays? If there's someone meaningful in your life (partner, mother, father, sister, brother etc etc etc) they should know you love and appreciate them every day of the year, not just on a stupid commerical holiday that makes them spend money on stupid gifts you don't need.
And you know, so what if me hating commerical holidays makes osme people think I'm evil. I'm not evil. I just think stupid made up commercial holidays are a waste of money. For fathers day, my stepdad said he wanted this book, so mum went out and bought it and gave it to me to give to him on fathers day, like, man, why bother. I appreciate mum's trying to keep the faimly together, but honestly, it just seems so silly to me, gifts on made up holidays. The only bonus of fathers day on the weekend was that I got to take some neat snapshots of Sandgate Beach.

Also, second but smaller rant for this blog - I'm totally over being called emo and/or goth by my family and co-workers. My friends know I'm not emo or goth but that's what I am to my family and co-workers. The token "emo/goth alternative" one. Like, wtf people. So what if I wear cons and band tshirts and have a nose piercing. This does not by any means make me goth or emo. Gosh darn retards with their warped views on things. If they think I'm emo and/or goth, they've got another thing coming.

The end.

1 comment:

Rachie-Jean said...

the verification code has ghd in it.
I lol'd
you're so cute and angry at the end there
I wish i got mannequins.

Ahwell.
Your shoes are cute.
and you wrote about me and it was aweosme