Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm with the band, ok?




Hullo blog readers!

So things have been very roller coaster-esk lately.
Chaos. Literally.
I'm just gonna list things as I think of them.
Loads of photos also.
Enjoy.

So uh.. Last Wednesday! Rach and I had a massive day of twin time, we shopped and ate and talked and listened to rad beats and played on the tire swing and Rachel made me a dress. She rocks. ILOVELUCY.
Then we went to Lexy's and had a sleepover and took polaroids with Lucy's new camera and stayed up late chatting about things and eating bad food. Goooood times.

Last thursday! Clubbing with Jd, Ben, Fish, Adam and his lady friend.. whose name escapes me right now. Started with a K. We got busted by the cops on the train because we were running late and jumped on the train without buying tickets. Jade and I got warnings. Mine's blue tacked on my desk. I have a go card now though, so it'll never happen again! Anyhow. It was a great night. Fridays! $3 entry and $3 drinks. I had about 12 drinks all up. And we did alot of dancing. Lots of boys asked me to dance bt I said no and dance with Jade instead cos I'm a wuss. It was a veryyyy good night out. Thankyou Jade <3

The next day involved a rather large hangover but I did come home and sleep it off and woke up feeling fine. I then went to see The Grates with Al and Claire and Simon that night. Very good sets from The John Steel Singers and The Grates, the other band not so much, and the crowd was SHITTY. Blonde drunk girls in party dressed and sweaty shirtless boys who only had eyes for Patience. Lots of pushing and shoving and yelling was had but the music was tops.


Saturday was 9 hours work then Rapid Festival. Lovely Jade got me free entry and backstage access. It WAS AWESOME. AND FREE FOR ME. I hung out with Manda and saw loads of local bands on the main stage and ignored the hardcore stuff and anything not melodic. Haha. I saw The Glass Ceiling, My Fiction, A Year to Remember, Avalon Drive.. etc
AND! BOM BOM BOM! I had a chat to Matt from RO about me getting access backstage for photography before he went on to play, and he's all like: "Yeah of course! You don't even need to ask! And if anyone asks you who you are, just tell them you're here with us." =] Killer.
And so I went beyond the barrier using my backstage pass and took photos of REPEAT OFFENDER while they played their awesome (but short.. like 25 mins) set.
It was the best experience. I felt so nervous but awesome at the same time.
I <3 RO. I <3 photography. All the photos in this blog are kinda pasted roughly to match what I'm writing about. All the RO photos are from Rapid. Etc.

SUNDAY was rad also, I did my first volunteer photography session at The Hive. Free entry for me and I got to take some rad photos (side stage/back stage.. which was sweet as) and generally had a good time watching the local acts (STEVE!) and running around taking photos, even though there would have only been about 20 people there. Good times. I LOVE YOU HIVE!

So that was the radcore end to my uni "break" week.
I also went to uni and soaked things in resin and did arty things and whatnot.
I need a new idea for my art final project cos my tutor thinks my idea "It' s interesting up to a certain point.. I suppose"

What else.. I bought a really neat fish tank with a light in it from lifeline for $30 and a chest of drawers for $20. I dyed my hair. Umm.
I got Josh Pyke's new album. I'm LOVING it to pieces! :) So wonderffful.
I applied for a Bachelor of Photography for 2009 at the Queensland College of Art. Dunno if I've blogged that before but oh wells.
I got new tires on my car. Go me. Car things are expensive, and I need to get the air con fixed and the temperature gauge and a few other things. Sigh.
And my car rego is due.
I'm not going to be buying anything else for a while.

AND! Now I'm back at uni and the chaos is taking over my lifeee. I've only got 2 weeks of classes left. I can't believe it's October all readdddy.
I have 5 assignments left and then I'm done for the year.
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SUMMER AND ALL THE UPCOMING CONCERTS I HAVE TICKETS TO.
BDO! SOMETHING WITH NUMBERS! SUNSET SOUNDS! ROCK FOR REFUGEES! And others. You know how it goes.

As well as physically doing a million things I've also been thinking about the relationships in my life a bit recently.
Mum always says a person comes into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime...
In the past week or two I've come to figure out which of the people I know fit best into each category.. As weird as it sounds, it's true. Think about it.

Also, I over analyse everything.
I'm starting to slowly, very slowly, get over that.
I'm starting to not worry about trying to please everyone all the time. It never works and people usually just end up walking all over me for it.
I need a break sometimes. I need to get out of my head for a while I think.
I also need to focus on things and make some things better.
And I'm totally over people acting like they're still in high school. Totally over having people in my life who don't treat me right.

And even though I've applied for Photography I'm still not 100% sure of what I want. I want to take a gap year and go overseas. I want to take a year off and work full time. I want to do Vet Nursing at TAFE. I want to do Photography at Uni. I also want to do Visual Art at Uni. I want to do all of those things but obviously can't.
Indecision.
There's a million other things I could write about but I won't.
I don't want to make this blog too epic.
I get carried away.
I think I'm done for now.

Thunderbirds are go.

The second last picture in my blog is my legs. On the tire swing at Rachel's house. She took the photo. I like it. And the final picture is me being a dork and displaying my new hair colour and my work uniform which is oh-so-sexxxxxy. Yep.

p.s I miss Jack. Alot. And I love Jd and Lucy and Lexy and Alison and all my other mates, they should know who they are.
Hi Sam.

p.p.s Go to http://galadarling.com - She's amazing. Rachel showed me her site. I adore it.

1 comment:

Rachie-Jean said...

you make me smile bigger and more then michael ever did.

You are wonderful.
Aaaaaaaaaaand. I'm really cold.
ily