Sunday, November 23, 2008

101 Things To Do In 1001 Days

So there's a bit of a craze going round on the internet and livejournal in particular of people making these lists of 101 things to do in 1001 days, and I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.
My aim is to kinda sort out my life.
Etc.

Here's my list-

Louise’s List - 101 things to do in 1001 days

Start date: 24th November 2008
End date: 20th August 2011

ART, CRAFTS, MUSIC AND PHOTOGRAPHY -
1. Re-learn to sew
2. Paint and draw more
3. Take more photos, both digital and with the colour and black and white film I’ve got
4. Get a lomo, fish eye or Polaroid camera (or all three!)
5. Clean out and update my Deviant Art account, add new submissions
6. Get my photography published
7. Do more beading and make MYSELF jewellery, use all the stones and beads I’ve bought
8. Paint over my wall. Olive green. Start fresh and paint a big black tree over the olive green. Plan it out.
9. LEARN GUITAR AND PLAY IT AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH!
10. Write at least two blogs a month, with photos.
11. Finish my seniors 2007 book, rip out empty pages etc
12. Actually get some of my photos printed and blue tack or hang them up
13. Get my new digital SLR and actually READ the user guide and know how to USE all of the functions
14. Complete three more TSBs, at least one of these in collaboration with Rachel
15. Sell some of my paintings (photograph them first)
16. Play my clarinet for no reason at least once every two months
17. Get my own flickr account and/or my own photography website – www.louisewright.com, do this in 2009
18. Buy some big old keys and hang them places, make a necklace also
19. Do promotional photography for Repeat Offender at least once
20. Learn enough guitar to be able to play an entire song in front of someone or video it

HEALTH/PERSONAL APPEARANCE -
21. Get fit and loose 3kg (so that ALL my clothes fit again!), and then maintain this weight
22. Eat at least one piece of fruit every day for the 1001 days
23. Put more effort into my personal appearance. Layers of clothes. Nail polish. Jewellery. Plucked eye brows, shaved legs. Nice hair. A little makeup.
24. Buy and wear perfume. Christina Aguilera!
25. Go to the chiropractor at least once every two months
26. Book at dentist appointment for sometime before January 2009, scale and polish!
27. Work on whitening my teeth…
28. Spend more time outside in general
29. Do not get sunburnt. Sun block sun block sun block! Hat. Sunglasses.
30. Keep a food diary every day for at least three months
31. Stop eating junk food!
32. Put more effort into my hair
33. Only get one or two more piercings, no more than that – cartilage on right ear, lip?!
34. Buy more shoes that ARE NOT cons or thongs or ballet flats – eg. heels and boot type things
35. Buy black cowboy boots, with patterns stitched on them
36. Buy an eyelash curler, use it often!

MONEY -
37. Create a budget and actually stick to it
38. Put $4200 into a term deposit
39. Pay mum back the money I owe her from Melbourne
40. Spend less money in general. No more splurging. Necessities, art/uni supplies and concert tickets only. NO MORE CLOTHES.

STUDIES/EMPLOYMENT -
41. Get grades of 5+ or higher at Uni. Put time and effort and passion into my studies
42. Start a Bachelor of Photography at Griffith/QCA, or Photography at TAFE
43. Start thinking about where I’d like to work in the future (fashion photographer, event/music photographer for a culture magazine etc)
44. Decide if I want to do Vet Nursing at TAFE or not, if so, actually register and do it

TRAVEL -
45. Plan a gap year for 2010 or 2011 and go overseas (own my own if necessary) England?
46. Visit cousins in Sydney
47. Go to Melbourne again, without mum if possible
48. Go to Mooloolaba on a holiday without my family

CLOTHING -
49. Once I’ve re-learned how to sew, use the clothes I ALREADY have to make new clothes, as well as buying some cute printed fabric to make a couple of dresses and skirts from free internet patterns
50. Aim to wear every piece of clothing in my wardrobe, or give the clothes I don’t wear away to Lifeline
51. Wear the dresses I own/edit them if I don’t like them anymore
52. Wear more bows, neck and head scarfs

CLEANLINESS -
53. Keep my room tidy, vacuumed, dusted. Do this at least once a month.
54. Tidy out the top of my cupboard, give books and bags away if no longer needed. Throw old things out.
55. Tidy up my filing system into a few folders, labelled
56. Tidy my cork board and actually put useful things on it (like this list and bills I need to pay etc)
57. Tidy out the spare room/sort out all my artworks and spare mannequins
58. Generally tidy out my room, spring clean, give away things I don’t use anymore etc

PETS -
59. Walk my dogs at least twice a week for the 1001 days
60. Get a filter for my big fish tank and set up my gold fishes in it
61. Register Zerren for Visiting Pets as Therapy and aim to visit places with him at least once a month
62. Get Zerren de-sexed but get blood tests done first, get this done in 2009.
63. Take my dogs to the beach – Sandgate and/or Kurramundi

CAR -
64. Get the air conditioning in my car fixed
65. Become more confident in driving places
66. Clean, wash and vacuum my car out once every 6 weeks
67. Upgrade my license to P2! Do this in January 2009.

RANDOM OTHER THINGS -
68. Go horse riding at last once every three months, go with Caitlin from work at least once
69. Volunteer for the RSPCA Dakabin
70. Finish designing my tattoo and actually get it! Do this before the end of 2009.
71. Subscribe to Empty magazine
72. Get mum to hang up some of my art works around the house, especially the 6 tree lino prints
73. Give back everything I’ve borrowed from people
74. Start compiling my own recipe scrap book for when I move out, hand written and glued in recipes, pictures (my own pictures and others)
75. Get back into making people their birthday and Christmas presents (instead of buying them things) and photograph them before I give them away
76. Actually go on a proper date with someone
77. Pay off my plan at Telstra and switch to pre-paid Optus turbo charge
78. Buy a new mobile phone. A Nokia one, no flipping or sliding. Do this in 2009, buy it from Dave at The Good Guys.
79. Get every episode of The Gilmore Girls on dvd and watch them all
80. Back up all my files onto my external hard drive every two weeks
81. Clean up the files on my computer/ delete documents and photos I don’t need anymore
82. Learn to say no to people
83. Spend time with people who make me feel good
84. Write a “Things I love Thursday” list every thursday for 4 months and email it to people each week as well as posting it on my blog (and be more appreciative of my life overall)
85. Read the Twilight/Breaking Dawn series of books
86. Borrow or buy and re-read all of John Marsden’s “Tomorrow” series, as well as his other books eg. Checkers, Letters from the Inside, Winter
87. Grow my hair to elbow length! At least! DO IT!
88. Compile all my lists of music I want and buy/borrow all the cds
89. Go to Taco Tuesdays at the Alibi Room with Rachel
90. Complain about everything less. Don’t be negative!
91. THINK before I speak.
92. Try Vanilla flavoured Vodka with lemonade or soda water
93. Get Mum to put the handles on my chest of drawers
94. Dance in the rain stupidly when no one’s watching
95. Buy mum a present really randomly
96. Compliment people more
97. Start thinking about moving out once I’ve graduated from uni, and where I’d like to live and with who
98. Drive to the Sunshine coast. In my car.
99. Go clubbing somewhere other than Snitch or Fridays
100. Buy Craig Thompson’s other books
101. Go to Splendour in the Grass.

The end!

No comments: