Friday, December 26, 2008

Use Somebody

Hello blog readers!

I thought I'd actually write a non-tilt blog for once, even though I don't have much to say that I havn't already said in yesterday's TiLT.
I'll ramble anyhow.
Whatever.

So things are pretty good lately, what with my birthday and christmas and the awesome weather and whatnot. Yes I just mentioned the weather. It's been great lately. Makes me want to go to the beach REALLY bad.

So right now I'm listening to lovely Jade playing requests for me on her radio show (99.7fm, check it!) and generally just enjoying the internet and Empty magazine.

I got a subscription to Empty magazine, I love it that much. I have two issues of it so far, check it out - Empty Mag.
Through Empty mag I have now discovered my new favourite artist - Karl Kwasny! I absolutely ADORE his work and his style. So brilliant. I've photo copied some of his work to stick on the cover of my 2009 diary, I love it that much.

I'll upload some of his art for you all to see into this blog. All the artworks in this blog belong to KARL KWASNY. NOT ME. KARL KAWSNY. GO SEE HIS WEBSITE, HIS STUFF IS BRILLIANT.

How gorgeous are his illustraions! Go check out his website!
I'm STILL and even more so addicted to Gala on her website. She's so gorgeous and inspiring and just generally wicked rad.

So yes, good times.
I'm excited about working lots next week. MONEY!
I was actually rostered on to be a surgery nurse on wednesday just gone, and, as if to spite me for some un-known reason, some vet clinic god made sure there were ZERO surgeries booked for wednesday. There was originally three booked, but one by one they all rang up and cancelled or changed their pet's surgery day to some other day next week. ANNOYING. So I sat around and cleaned things and served customers all day. Gah!
And I'm not excited about working at 7:30am tomorrow and 8:30am on sunday. Havn't worked a weekend in almost a month, which is weird after working every saturday bar about four in the three years I've been working at the vet.
But! I'm going out to Jade's tomorrow night! Will be awesome and taco filled with fun times on the side! DELICIOUS.

This blog is REALLY RANDOM. But oh well.
Rachel and I are into eye shadow. We've bought some GORGEOUS eye shadow from Lime Crime! We found out about it through Gala Darling and I can't wait for it to arrive! I ordered Snow Queen and Duchess. $17AU per pot! Super pigmented and sparkly! Exciting!
So exciting in fact is made me want to experiment with eye shadow yesterday. I had on two shades of purple, and then pink and also silvery white. Looked wickeddd. Turns out I don't suck at makeup as much as I thought I did.

The blog title is from Kings of Leon. I like their new cd even if it is concidered "cool" to like them now or whatever.
And I could really use somebody. A boy would be nice. Haha.
A girl can dream can't she!? =]

Can't believe I still have so much uni holidays left.
It's nuts.
Lots of cool stuff coming up though! New Years Eve!
Many, many, many concerts and festivals in January and February! Stars! Sunset Sounds! BDO! LOADS OF OTHERS AS WELL.
Finding out if I'm going to be doing photography next year at uni or not!
A new issue of Empty mag soon!
Finishing my roll of film I've taken on my lomo with the red flash from Alison and getting it developed! I really cannot wait to see if the photos are shit or not! Hehe!

I bought the dogs new collars for christmas, red for Skye, black for Zerren, with silvery reflective stitching on them. They look really neat.
And I'm ADORING my new Christina Aguilera perfume. It's the original one, and I love love love it. I'd go swimming in it if I could. So lovely!

I don't know what else to write about. This blog is so spasmodic.

I had ALOT of fun at Snitch last week. Good times. I dunno if I fit in there or not but I don't care cos it was fun as. The photo is some drinks Rach and I were having before hand. Fruit tingle anyone?! =] SO GOOD.

And I'm (kinda) looking forward to Repeat Offender's last gig. It's going to be epic and bitter sweet. I love my RO boys alot and I'm so so so sad they're not going to be playing together as RO anymore, but I'm excited to hear all this new material they've been writing for their new musical endevours.

So ok I think I'm done spasmodically blogging now.
Hope you all enjoyed that!
xx

No comments: