Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Parasites

Hello readers!

Thought of the day:
This is no new information, but, I do not want children.
Do. Not. Want.
Just thought I'd officially announce that to the world after saying it to friends and co-workers for as long as I can remember on multiple occasions.
I do not get along with children, I never have and I'm fairly certain I never will. Give me 20 cats instead anyday. I'm not even kidding. I'd rather have a pet shark or grizzly bear than a child.

I can't ever remember being attracted to the idea of children. I never played with dolls or played families or babies or whatever when I was a kid. I played with toy lions and horses and dogs, and occaisonally trucks in the dirt with the boys.
And furthermore, I just don't get kids. I don't even like holding other people's babies, and the only reason I do baby sitting is cos it's extra money on the side and it's only ever like once every second month for like 4 hours.

I was talking about kids, marriage, boyfriends, grand master love life plans and whatnot with Rachel just before.
My response to children: Yeah, no. I dont want anything to grow inside of me like some sort of parasite for nine months, and then come out from being inside of me and have it drink from my boobs.
Made Rachel laugh. Haha.
The thing is though, IT'S SO TRUE. I say things like that alot. I've never liked or wanted children, ever. I just don't like children, and I don't like the idea of something LIVING inside of me for nine months. I also refuse to believe the "Oh but MY children will be different" idea. All children have snotty noses and cry, just because their yours doesn't make them angels.

Plus, the whole having a child as your own responsibility for the entire time it's a child, and then after you don't need to look after it quite so much, it'll still live with you in your house until it's 18 or 20 or so years old idea is not that appealing. I know what it's like to be an annoying teenager, why would I want to give birth to something and put myself through the agony of being on the receiving end of all that teen angst?! Plus like, if I end up doing photography as a career, I'm going to want and need to travel. Not so good if you need to be changing nappies and worrying about feeding times.

Then there's my other thought - there's already billions of people in the world, why do I deserve to populate the earth further? What does that acheive?!
I'd rather adopt a bunch of homeless animals on death row at the RSPCA. I'd rather save their lives than create a new life in the form of a baby living inside me.
And if I ever do end up wanting kids because I'm deluded somehow, I'll adopt. For the reason I stated above. Why do I deserve to populate this earth when there are millions of children already out there which don't have clean drinking water or loving parents?

Tell ya what, it'd have to be someone extremely special to convince me to want to give birth.
Yeaaaah, just no.
No no no.

But hey, this is just MY opinion. If you want kids, then that's awesome, you can go do that and I'll come to your baby shower and be supportive and everything, but you won't catch me having a baby of my own.
This is just me having a little rant about how I don't like or want kids. You can buy a puppy and get sick of it after 6 months because you've not bothered to train it and now it's eating everything you own because it's bored, and I'll adopt it from you. That would make me feel worthwhile, adopting that neglected puppy of yours and giving it the attention it deserves, but I'm not having children.


Hope you all enjoyed that.
I have opinions.
See, this blog is moderately interesting, sometimes.
Good night world.

1 comment:

Shai said...

When I was younger we had this miniture pony Taffy, and I used to put dolls on his back and pretend I was the person at the show doing pony rides.
He hated it, but he put up with it.
My current miniture horse however if I tried that would probably just eat the doll.
Kids are cool. I don't want any for awhile. I'm too selfobsessed & like buying things for me, not some child who is going to break it.