Wednesday, May 20, 2009

TiLT - 27 + Other random ramblings


Happy Thursday Blog Readers!

Hope you've all had a fab week, mine's been pretty good overall.

The things I'm loving this thursday are rather limited, this week hasn't been that fulfilling/exciting/busy. Nevertheless, here's my list (and on time for once, yay!) -

- BEING EMPLOYED! YES! I finally have a job, as of yesterday. I heard back from Hills Science Diet (pet food company) and they told me I've got the job! I'm SO excited! It's absolutely awesome to know I'll be working and earning money again soon, plus, as an added bonus, this is a job I actualy WANTED! So chuffed!

- FINALLY GETTING SOME GOOD PRINTS FROM MY 120MM BLACK AND WHITE FILM! After three weeks of doing nothing but endless test strips in the dark rooms at uni, I've finally managed to get some good prints! I've got a couple of good ones I can hand in, and I'm pretty happy overall with the final result... even if I did waste about 10 sheets of paper doing test strips alone. I'm done now. Yay. On the left is a photo I took on my mobile phone of one of the prints I did. So proud of myself. Did the shoot myself, developed the negs myself, did the prints myself. It's quite exciting to develop your own photos!

- WATCHING TRASHY TV WITH CHRIS (and Chris in general of course)! I love my trashy tv, (let's face it though, who doesn't?!) and watching it with my Chris was fab. Gossip Girl is addictive. Skins is always amazing. He'll be back for more. Haha. <3

- ALCOHOL SHOPPING WITH JADE! Hahaha. We spent like 45mins in Dan Murpheys today looking at pretty much every spirit in the store, even though we're both pretty much broke. We lingered that long that one of the older male store worker dudes said "You princesses right, or do you need some help?" We giggled and said "No, no, we're right, thanks..." and he's all like "Ok, are you sure?" Hahahaaa. Good times. So much talk of cosmopolitans, sequins, mixers and margaritas.

- THIS WEEK'S INSANE WEATHER! Shouldn't really be a positive cos it hasn't helped me in any way, but it did provide me with two lovely days sitting around at home (I really should have spent the time doing uni work, but I didn't...) and some nice photo opportunities. Hense the photo of the waterfall that was in my front yard. So. Much. Water. It was really nice to snuggle up in bed with a book and read whilst listening to the rain though. Total bliss.

- THINGS IN MY LIFE BEING GENERALLY PRETTY GOOD OVERALL! I'd like to quickly take this rare chance to say that, right now, things are pretty damn good overall. Things are not perfect and never, ever will be, but I'm pretty ok right now. I've finally got a job, home life is... bearable, uni is going kind of ok and things in my life in general are pretty great. Just need to get on top of my uni work and start earning money again and I'll be sweet. So uhh.. yeh. Just wanted to write that down while things are good. I like to stop and think about it sometimes. I'm pretty lucky I think. And I think it's fair to say, anyone who's reading this is pretty lucky too. We have pretty great lives when you take a step back and think about it, I reckon.

- Honourable mentions for this week: my flanelette pjs with goldfish on them (recently they've gotten alot more wear than the rest of my entire wardrobe combined), Phoenix, my ugg boots, finally doing some new tattoo designs, peanut M&Ms, cookie dough Kit Kats, Gotye, chocolate Nesquik, Jack's Mannequin, Weezer, gel pens and highlighters, writing lists, not going to my photo imaging class and staying home in my pjs instead, and my giant white hoodie with the tapes and mobile phones on it (wearing it riiiiight now).

- Dishonourable mentions (I know TiLTs are meant to be positive but whatever, it's my blog, I'll write what I want!) - LARGEST DISHONOURABLE MENTION = MY CAR LEAKING FROM BEING PARKED OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN AND AS A RESULT IT FILLED UP WITH WATER. Yes. I discovered a whole inch of water in my car when I opened it on wednesday to go for a drive. Water had come in where the foot pedals are on the driver's side, so the driver's side whole foot area was an inch deep in water, and of course the back passenger's foot area on the driver's side was an inch deep in water too, because the two areas arn't separated by anything cos my car is old and lame. I had to get 4 towels to soak up most of the water, and I've had my car in the garage with the doors open trying to air it out, but it's still totally soggy and gross. Sigh. The photo to the left is of the water in my car. Wooo. Other dishonourable mentions include: the avalanche of uni work I'm currently trying to navigate my way through (3 exams to study for and 5 assignments to do, pretty sure I won't ever finish at the rate I'm going) and last but not least - the fact that I'm really, really poor. I can't take it anymore. I miss buying things and going cool places. Bring on lots of shifts with my new Hills job!

In other news - This week, Phoenix announced they're doing an Australian "tour". I got mega, mega excited... until they then said they only two shows they were playing would be in Sydney and Melbourne. Needless to say, I'm gutted. Why Phoenix, WHY?! Why come to Australia and only play TWO shows?! COME TO BRISBANE AT LEAST, DAMN IT.
Totally gutted.

That's pretty much it for now.. I think.
Hope you all enjoyed my on time TiLT list!
Woo!

Happy reading!
xx

No comments: