Monday, June 29, 2009

Upcoming Gigs, Vol. 1

Hey kids!

So, for about a year or two now I've been in the habit of writing down all the upcoming gigs I'm interested in going to and emailing the list to my friends.
It dawned on me today that I could also publish the list in my blog, for everyone to see, so here goes -

Upcoming gigs for July that I'm interested in -

Something with Numbers
10.07.0
The Hi-Fi (West End) 18+
8pm, $25 + BF

Streamer Bendy ( + Vincent and The Tiger Palms)
15.07.09
Rosie's Tavern (City) 18+
8pm, $10 at the door

The Gallant ( + The Rocketsmiths and Drawn from Bees)
18.07.09
The Hive (Valley PCYC) U18
6pm, $10 at the door
(I'm volunteering for that show so I'll be the one who stamps your wrist if you decide to come)

The Basics ( + The Boat People and Dead Letter Circus)
30.07.09
The Zoo! (Valley) 18+
8pm, $15 pre-sale. Tickets should also be available on the door but I'm not sure how much they will be.

This is just a very, very small selection of the gigs that are coming up for July. There's heaps more, you can check them out at Oztix tickets here,
you can also check out more upcoming gigs on the Triple J gig guide here. Of course you can always look all the bands up on myspace etc. Also, don't forget to check out The Hive at their myspace for loads and loads of upcoming gigs and other local music goodness.

Support touring bands (especially if they're Australian!)
Enjoy!
Louise
xx

No comments: