Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflecting on 2008, quiz style.

Best way to sum up my 2008...















1.What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Started and finished my first year of uni.
Drove home all the way from Bundaberg.
Had accommodation for the Big Day Out.
Went clubbing.
Got my nose pierced.
Got pet fish.
Went out drinking on week nights.
Skipped uni lectures to hang out with James or Cyrstal or Ali or Erin or Rach and Jd.
Bleached large chunks of my hair and had some of my hair melt as a result.
Hung out with my work mates outside of work and got drunk with them on a few occasions.
Helped with surgeries at work.
Had drinks with Matt from RO.
Didn’t have anyone sing happy birthday to me on my birthday, or have a cake of any kind.
Hung out with my twin Rach, a lot.
Worked Sundays at the vet on my own.
Started a new job at Choice Desserts.
Had my photos in an exhibition at uni!
Started planning my tattoo.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution was to get fit. That didn’t happen. Maybe in 2009… Haha.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

A few people at work. But not really anyone close.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No people, no. My pet Siamese fighting fish died though. Poor Marley.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. I did go to Melbourne, Bundaberg and both Gold and Sunshine coasts though.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A fantastic boyfriend. A place in the Photography course at Griffith. Some semi-regular horse riding. Travel. Better dress sense.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Oh man, so so so many! It’s be novel length if I went into detail so I’ll skim over some memorable dates - The Big Day out, seeing Kisschasy twice in a week, seeing The Grates on a boat, my first day of uni, seeing The Presets with Chris on my birthday, seeing Repeat Offender about a million times, (basically seeing every band I’ve seen this year, which is A LOT) going to Melbourne and seeing Wicked, my last day of uni, RO announcing their break up, being in the front row of Death Cab, (same goes for Kisschasy, Something with Numbers, Cat Empire, PATD, The Grates, The Living End, the list goes on...) having my photos on display in an exhibition at uni, my tsb being shortlisted for best tsb in 2008, getting my DSLR camera, my birthday day, JACK COMING HOME... etc.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Probably the end of semester two of uni. Doing assignments on the day they’re due is not a good idea. I still got pretty good marks but still. Un-needed stress. I thought I was going to fail. I’ll never do that to myself again.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Back pain, nothing new though. And I got really sick in early December for about a week.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My laptop, my Panasonic Lumix camera, my Canon 450D SLR, my multiple pairs of cons, my pet fishes.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my close friends =] There’s lots of people, but Jade and Rach spring to mind mostly.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Let’s not go there. A few people.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Concert tickets, cds, bus fares, food, things for my dogs, petrol, board, phone bills! And car rego and insurance.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Pretty much all the things from question 7. Uni, concerts, seeing awesome friends, making new awesome friends.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Anything Repeat Offender, MGMT, The Presets, Lady Hawke, Trial Kennedy, Cut Copy, Birds of Tokyo or Kings of Leon.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Probably about the same. This time last year I was about to start uni and had just finished year 12. Weird. Now I’m about to start my second year of uni.
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter. Like 4kgs fatter.
iii. Richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Personal art. And exercise. AND HORSE RIDING. GOD I MISS IT.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Bad sleeping and eating patterns. Being not happy.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Spent it with mum’s side of the family for dinner. Wooh.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Not with a human no. Fell more in love with my dogs though.

23. How many one-night stands?

None.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
America’s Next Top Model, Gossip Girl!!!! Gilmore Girls, Scrubs. Haha.

25. Did you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Don’t hate but dislike yeh.

26. What was the best book you read?

The “His Dark Materials” trilogy.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Oh man, so many! Re-discovering Trial Kennedy was great, ummm Birds of Tokyo! Lady Hawke! Cut Copy! The Paper and The Plane, Angelas Dish, Numbers Radio… etc.

28. What did you want and get?
CHRISTINA AGUILERA PERFUME. Got it for xmas from mum. And I got my laptop and cameras! <3

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh man umm.. Fight Club’s a long time fave and still is haha. And Hard Candy was awesome. Juno. And lol Hairspray. And Twilight for it’s Edward Cullen-ness.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 19! Went to Never Ever Land with Chris. Then went to Rachel’s house. Pretty great.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Maybe finding someone to love? And going horse riding. Gosh.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Band tshirts and short shorts. All the time. I’m working on changing that.

34. What kept you sane?

Music. My fab school and uni friends. My dogs. Sleep.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Same as always – Jake Gyllenhaal. Heath Ledger. Matthew McConaughey. Karl from Kisschasy.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

I tried my hardest to ignore all that. Probably all the issues with the whaling.

37. Who did you miss?

I had everyone I wanted around me most of the time. I do miss not seeing all my friends from school 5 days a week though.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

So many! James! Crystal! Erin! Kim! Frank! They’re probs the bestest of all the people I met this year.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:

People aren’t always who they seem, and worrying about everything won’t fix anything. Also friends and money don’t mix.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:“Pick and pull apart leaving me split at the seam” – Birds of Tokyo.
Or “I’m just a suitcase” – RO.
Loads of others but those were the first to spring to mind.


The end.

p.s I've just realised the numbers of the questions don't match. There's a few numbers that are skipped. Haha. Weird.

p.p.s The photos are polaroids cos I downloaded this wicked rad program that makes your photos into polaroids. You can get it here.

2 comments:

Kate @ Tres Lola said...

poladroidin' it up i see! nice work lovely!

Jade said...

hello.
I got a blog now :)
Ive been meaning to transfer from myspace blogs to here. Plus i read ur's a fair bit so i thought it seemed sensible.

xxx

i stole some of your fotos too